Monday, June 1, 2009

The Great Experiment

Okay, so I've reset my playcount on my media player again, cleared my library and replaced all the files. So now we'll see if my shuffles are a little more random and not influenced by weighing the playcount to make it appear that I prefer certain songs more than others. (It shouldn't anyway, since I almost always have it on shuffle, meaning that the player has played those songs more than others all by itself.)

The goal here is to not hear the same songs over and over, to have a balanced shuffle, which seems to get more out of balance as days go by. Not that I actually think that there's some guy monitoring my playlist from Microsoft headquarters. I'm just attempting to understand what factors influence the frequency that a song appears in a shuffled playlist. I'll post my findings when I have some.

No comments:

Post a Comment