Sunday, March 1, 2009

Listen Up, Ye Mongrels!

Ahoy me hearties! Quatermaster's log, Stardate...crud...never really got how to calculate Stardate.

It's been very busy on the ship, lately. Lest you think my job is merely punishing the blaggards who try to shirk the Articles, I also last week helped explain to the Markholders why exactly we wanted to expand certain crew quarters beyond their current capacity. We were denied, but we asked.

And now on to the scuttlebutt that's actually interesting.

No floggings yet, but we have alerted those crew that they will have to relocate to other cabins.

One of the crew was keeping pigeons in his bunk, which is not allowed in close quarters. They have all since mysteriously disappeared. It's best not to ask where they've gone; I'm just glad they are.

Moving closer toward some sort of penal action is the crewman who set up his bunk too close to another. I am waiting to hear his justification, but he has been avoiding me. Lashes (or the threat thereof) might loosen his tongue a little.

I am also waiting on proof that two of the crew are pooling their shares and therefore should not be separated, as their quarters are getting a little crowded. We recently decided that if crewmen can provide proper justification and are pooling their shares for some common purpose, we would allow them to continue bunking together, as that way they can keep an eye on their communal horde. They are, after all, pirates, and would end up accusing each other of all sorts of untrustworthiness if separated, and I don't like risking gunfire on the ship if it's uncalled for.

Always remember, Plank Holders, to keep track of how many crew cabins you're allowed to build in your part of the ship. If you've only got enough room for four cabins, don't try to sneak in a fifth between the ribs. And make sure the crew bunking there don't harbor stowaways. That's a floggable offense. One Plank'er's just finding that out right about...oh...now. I expect he'll be banging on my door soon.

Also make sure you keep track of who's in your quarters, lest you go through unnecessary stress trying to explain why certain crew show up in cabin assignments when they're not supposed to be there.

That brings me current. I shall sign off now, as I soon need to take my turn walking the bridge and inspecting our fine vessel.

No comments:

Post a Comment