Friday, April 10, 2009

What's the Word for "Fear of Networking"?

I'm behind the times again. It's due to my paranoia, my cynicism, my conspiracy-theory hobby. I've worked hard these many web-based years to keep my personal information off the internet. Mostly it's been to keep my high-school reunion committee from finding me (in the hopes that they'll think I'm dead and give up.)

This means that I have not joined any social networking sites. No Facebook, no Myspace, and defintely no Twitter (I have no delusions of self-importance that would cause me to think that anyone would be captivated by my every thought in 140 characters or less.) Which of course, means I'm behind again. The closest I come to social networking is that greatest of all chat rooms, World of Warcraft. And that goes beyond mere chat, as you have to kill and pillage and return to questgivers with a backpack full of body parts.

I recently decided, however, to attempt Myspace, but only so I can follow my favorite music artists. Look for the page with the balding, middle-aged administrator guy who's unhealthily obsessed with pirates. That'll be my page.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose that if you Twittered about wanting a Body Part Bag of Holding (preferably with some kind of blood cleaning spell to keep it fresh,) it would sound suspicious. Maybe WOW chat is the way to go for that.

    ReplyDelete